Friday, April 26, 2019

An Update.

Over the past 5 years I had not touched this blog (or many of my other blogs for that matter,) mostly because I had fallen into crises personally and professionally. I may or may not discuss my experiences in my personal blog, but they are outside the scope of this blog.

In any event I am at a stage where I am in the process of trying to get back on my feet, and the idea of a blog centered around the concept of my having a Ph.D. feels a lot less relevant. Indeed the memory of my doctorate is a significant source of angst and pain at this moment.

Hence the renaming and rebranding of this blog to reflect the above change in my mind. I still have an interest in intellectual and scientific pursuits, in particular from my volunteer engagement with OpenWorm and other personal intellectual interests. It is unlikely to have much to do with High Performance Computing however, ever since that community had made it reasonably clear I was not welcome there anymore.

In my next update, I plan to blog about my experiences taking part in a free month-long online class on Quantum Computing by Keio University on the FutureLearn MOOC platform. I had found it to be interesting in spite of its introductory nature, and the instructors to be good and helpful. And so I wish to help pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment